Natural Lands Trust is pleased to administer the PECO Green Region Open Space Program. Recognizing that open space in our communities is a crucial element of the quality of our lives, the PECO program awards grants for southeastern Pennsylvania municipal efforts to plan for, protect, and improve open land.
Underlying the program parameters is PECO’s endorsement of deliberate planning for open space protection by municipalities as a means to encourage the wisest use of scarce resources. Municipalities can use Green Region grants in combination with other funding sources to cover a portion of the expenses associated with developing and/or supporting their open space programs.
Grant applications are reviewed by a committee composed of county government officials, members of the region’s non-profit land conservation community, and PECO representatives.
- Any township, borough, city, or regional recreational authority within PECO’s service territory in Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Delaware, or Chester Counties
- Within the City of Philadelphia, including all incorporated non-profit neighborhood organizations (such as “Friends of” groups)
December 14, 2012
Adobe® Reader® is required for PDF versions; click here to download.
- 2012 PECO Application - doc | 2012 PECO Application - pdf
- 2012 PECO Program Guidelines - doc | 2012 PECO Program Guidelines - pdf
- 2012 PECO Sample Resolution - doc | 2012 PECO Sample Resolution - pdf
Holly Harper, PECO Green Region Open Space Program Administrator
c/o Natural Lands Trust
1031 Palmers Mill Road
Media, PA 19063